No Heat Checklist
Wondering what to do if your home loses heat unexpectedly? Take a look at the questions below and follow the appropriate corresponding steps to determine if you are experiencing a heating system emergency. For emergency service within our Eastern CT or Southwestern RI service area, call us at (860) 536-7927 right away.
Know What to Do If Your Home Loses Heat
- Is your emergency switch on?
- Is there enough heating oil in your tank?
- Is the thermostat set above current room temperature?
- If your thermostat is electronic, are the batteries dead?
- Press the RELAY RESET button on the relay box located on your heating system. PRESS ONCE ONLY.
- Check the fuse boxes for blown fuses or circuit panel for tripped circuits.
- Check burner switches. Be sure they are in the “on” position. There is one near the burner and usually one at the top of the basement stairs.
- If you still do not have heat, give us a call at (860) 536-7927. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.